The Tadcaster Militia is a group of men and women drawn together by a love of rapier combat and other ridiculous things. This website sheds light on the hows and whys of the group.
Our base of operations is the Bhakail Baronial Rapier Practice, on Wednesday nights from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia, PA. This practice is the official rapier practice for the Barony of Bhakail, and is open to all. It's often called the "Tadcaster Practice" mainly because we're the inmates who run the asylum on behalf of the Barony.The Militia boasts over two dozen members taking part in various activities as a unit. Interested in learning more about the practice or the Militia? This page describes our reasons for being, structure, and the like. This one can tell you where the actual Tadcaster is. Over here you'll find our collective travel and event stories, and here are our quotable utterances... so you can get an idea of what we're talking about. Or not.
For further information about the practice, contact Melchior Kreibel, the Baronial Rapier Marshal.
For more information about the Tadcaster Militia, contact Ian Raven.
- As of This past Pennsic War, Bruni really is a Mistress Mistress, with both a Pelican and a Laurel!
- Congrats to Eldrich on winning the coveted position of Left Hand of Their Excellencies Bhakail!
- At the same event, Eldrich and Ian Douglas were inducted to Bhakail’s Company of the Flame and Salamander! Vivant!
- We're official, people! Tadcaster Militia is registered as a name as far as the College of Heralds is concerned, and the badge up there, "(Fieldless) A rapier inverted sable surmounted by a roundel argent ermined vert charged with a raven contourny reguardant sable" is our official symbol! (Even if Tadcaster was judged "not important enough to protect", we're still there to protect it.)
- We're looking for a few good LOLTadz! Got pictures that made you ROFL? If you'd like them to be considered for LOLTadz, send 'em to Ian. Bonus points if you have pictures of delbroc chewing on something.
- As the Wheel in the Sky keeps on turning, so have we seemingly hit upon a new way to guarantee our SO getting banned... and this time, we have scripts! Ask us why, we might even tell you.